- All die rolls must be on the table.
- All PCs get maximum hit points for Levels 1 and 2. For Level 3 and beyond, additional HP is determined by the appropriate die roll (plus CON modifier), with re-rolls on all natural 1s. Alternatively, you can use the fixed value shown in your class entry in the PHB, which is the average result of the die roll (rounded up), plus your CON modifier.
- In combat, a critical hit (a natural 20) is an automatic hit and results in rolling double your damage dice (damage modifiers are applied only once).
- In combat, a botch (natural 1) is an automatic miss and requires a second roll of a d20. A second roll of a natural 1 results in an epic botch, which may lead to consideralable damage to the player, as determined by the DM.
- During a skill check, a natural 20 is not considered an automatic success, but a natural 1 is considered a botch.