- All die rolls must be on the table.
- All PCs get maximum hit points for Levels 1 and 2. For Level 3 and beyond, additional HP is determined by the appropriate die roll (plus CON modifier), with re-rolls on all natural 1s. Alternatively, you can use the fixed value shown in your class entry in the PHB, which is the average result of the die roll (rounded up), plus your CON modifier.
- In combat, a critical hit (a natural 20) is an automatic hit and results in rolling double your damage dice (damage modifiers are applied only once).
- In combat, a botch (natural 1) is an automatic miss and requires a DC 15 DEX check. A DEX check failure results in a weapon fumble, and recovery of the weapon requires an action. A botched DEX check results in an epic botch, which may lead to damage to the player, as determined by the DM.
- During a skill check, a natural 20 is not considered an automatic success, but a natural 1 is considered a botch.
Return to Main Page.